Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thank you fromSteinway for recent Lang Lang Event at Steinway [Fields Pianos

RE: SUEZENNE FORDHAM'S Review for "All About Jazz"online‏
From:
David Ida (Fields Pianos)
Sent:
Mon 7/21/08 10:35 AM
To:
'Suezenne Grants' (suezennefg@hotmail.com)

.Hi Suezenne,

Wow! Thank you for your complimentary and sensitive review. This was our 3rd event here at the store with Lang Lang. 2 Master Classes with young pianists participating
and this, the conversation and book signing. When I first saw Lang Lang perform His “over the top Mannerisms”, as you wrote, annoyed me, but now I get it. He truly feels
the music and is enjoying it along with us. It’s the real deal. I’m hopeful that Lang Lang will be able to repeat his Master Class sometime in the near future. You will see how
patient, generous and encouraging he is with the kids. I believe his Teacher, Zhu Ya-Fen is his model.

I’m so glad that you have bonded with CD386. Now, I’m going to feel compelled to place a different instrument in the Hall each time you perform so you can critique each piano’s personality. Just kidding!

Thank you again. We really do look upon you as a friend of Fields and Steinway.
Sincerely,
David Ida